July 4th and a Health Care Plan with a Public Option
Posted in: healthcare
We, the People of the United States of America,
- in order to form a more perfect union,
- establish justice,
- insure domestic tranquility,
- provide for the common defense,
- promote the general welfare, and
- secure the blessings of liberty to our selves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this constitution for the United States of America.
A public health care plan that is available to all on day one and is accountable to Congress sounds to me as if it falls under the rubric "promote the general welfare."
Happy 4th, everyone — and come Monday, some patriotic phone calls to encourage them to pledge to stop any bill that does not have a plan like that are definitely in order.