There won’t be anyone to pick up the phone at congressional offices this weekend, but you can write letters to the editor in time for the Sunday edition, urging members of Congress to vote against the Supplemental Appropriations Act.
- The war supplemental shouldn’t be held hostage to a $100 billion European bank bailout
- Conservatives don’t like the bailout
- Progressives don’t like the bailout
- Four billion in "Cash for Clunkers" is being added to the bill to force progressives to vote for it
- Let’s separate these bills and talk about them honestly
- The administration has committed itself to transparency. This is not transparent.
Rahm Emanuel is threatening Democratic freshmen if they don’t vote for the bill. We need 39 Democratic votes to defeat it. Already 32 have committed to oppose it. Please write your local paper and urge them to support your member of Congress in voting against the supplemental. (If you don’t know who your member of Congress is, you can look them up here.)